Board of Directors Responsibilities
The Board of Directors manage the Woodbury Park Association
non-profit Corporation as provided for in the Declaration of Restrictions and
Bylaws. The corporation was formed for the efficient preservation of the values
and amenities in the sub-division and to own, maintain, preserve and administer
the Common Area and other areas, and landscaping, and to collect and disburse
the assessments, and to promote the recreation, health, safety and welfare of
Assessments levied by the Association shall be used
exclusively to promote the recreation, health, safety and welfare of the
residents and in particular for watering, cutting, and maintaining the berm, maintaining
any landscaping, facilities or amenities constructed thereon or used therein,
landscaped traffic islands located within the subdivision streets, entrance
monuments, lighting, signs, for the payment of water and electric bills, and
maintenance of trees, shrubs and grass.
The Declaration of Restrictions provides for an
Architectural Review Committee. No improvement shall be erected, placed,
installed, constructed, reconstructed or maintained on any lot, nor shall any
exterior appearance of any improvement, or any change in landscaping, be made
until plans and specifications showing the kind, size, shape, height, colors,
materials, topography and location of each improvement on the lot shall have
been submitted to and approved in writing by the Committee.
The three Board of Directors each hold three year terms. The
operating responsibilities of the members are to be agreed to by the Board
members. For reporting purposes, board members will select a President, Vice
President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
- Architectural Committee
- Spring Clean
up. Contact vendorin early March to get on list for April.
- Walk thru
commons areas to make list of jobs to be done.
- Weekly cutting
includes from top of berm to street. String trimming on all areas.
- Sidewalks are
edged approximately once every 3-4 weeks.
requires special request. You may need to follow up.
- You should ask
for copy of proof of Worker's Comp. Insurance Certificate each year.
Current Contact (pending new bid for job).
Lawn Fertilization and
Shrub and Tree Maintenance:
- Sign an annual
contract for services (4 applications of fertilizer for the lawn). Need to
determine annual services for the shrubs and trees.
- Board needs to
decide if it will require other services such as lime application, grub
control and core aeration.
- Need to remind
vendor that they must post flags all along the berm and blvd. after
application of chemicals.
- Trim shrubs annually
and trees every three to five years.
- Replace shrubs
and trees as required.
- Fertilizer trees
and shrubsas needed to prevent loss.
- There are 4
islands that need weeding and shrub and tree maintenance.
1. For Snow
Removal status, contact the Livonia Public Service Division, Bob B. or Bob. Z.
intersections when necessary.
ordinance will require snow removal from sidewalk in front of berm.
Annual Flower Plantings:
Need to Contact vendor in late February or early March to make sure
that orders for flowers is placed.
Contract provides for both entrances.
Contract should provide for fertilizing, planting, weeding and fall
- Contact city in early March to
get on the installation list to have the water meter re-installed. Must be
done each year.
of Livonia Public Works -Water & Sewer (734) 466-2650 ext. 1
address: 37397 Kingsburn
- Start up the Sprinkler System each
year -Call after water meter is installed by city. Need to make sure it is
running before flowers are planted.
- Have system blown out in the
fall after water meter is removed.
- Maintenance and updates as
lighting at the North and South Entrances.
Entrance lighting was installed in Oct. 2000.
Mail box Maintenance
should be done annually.
consists of cleaning and waxing, painting, and replacing rubber bumpers and
- Consists of three (3) members. One must be a Board Member.
- An Attorney has been retained to assist the Board.
- Discharge the duties outlined in Declaration of
- Communicate restrictions to members and monitor
- Mailboxes are the responsibility of the Board.
Annual Dues Collection:
- Send out letters in late January or early February for
collection by late February or early March.
- Follow up letters (reminder) 3-4 weeks after due date.
- Follow up calls 2-3 weeks after reminder letter.
- Maintain existing liens and issue new ones if necessary.
Keep records of all transactions:
- Write checks and where necessary get another Board members
- Prepare financial statements.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all transactions.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Operating system is Quick Books Pro.
- File annual IRS tax reporting and Michigan non-profit
Maintain Bank records and contact:
- Make deposits and reconcile bank statements.
- Our Bank is Standard Federal Savings located on the north
side of six (6) mile at Newburgh.
- Maintain checking and savings accounts.
- Maintain Woodbury Park Corporation Insurance Policy.
- Present insurance is with C. L. Finlan& Son Inc. 47784
Halyard Dr., Plymouth, MI 48170, Contact: Sue W. (Commercial Accounts)
- Coverage is for Commercial General Liability and
Commercial Inland Marine. Covers general liability, Directors and Officer
coverage, and Sign insurance.
General Association Meetings (Fall):
- Distribute Meeting Notice and Agenda 3-4 weeks prior to
- Place reminder signs at entrances a few days prior.
- Need to reserve meeting location 5-6 weeks prior to
- Distribute Meeting Minutes to all members.
- Maintain a file on all General and Board meeting minutes.
City of Livonia Communications:
- Must establish continual contact with Livonia Maintenance
to keep utility trucks off the lawn or make sure that they repair the lawn
and sprinklers. Also to have Livonia Maintenance clean the front of the
- Reminders to the Police to patrol for speeders.
- Establish a contact in the Community Relations Department.
Subdivision Picnic (in any
year that it might take place):
- Need to reserve picnic area
(shelter) in February when city makes them available for reservation.
- Need to add the City of Livonia as an "additionally insured" for the day of the picnic - contact
insurance company for certificate. No charge.
- Need to get Liquor permit from
Parks & Recreation: Ron R. or Ruth(734) 466-2410
Maintain members records:
- Keep a current listing of names and addresses.
- Record keeping system is Microsoft Access.
- Prepare mailing labels.
- Provide information to Title Companies when homes are
Maintain Post Office Box:
- Our box is located at the Livonia Greenmead Station.
- Box number is 530872.
- Address: WoodburyPark Association, P.O. Box 530872, Livonia, MI 48153-0872.
Web-Site Development and Maintenance
- Development of web pages.
- Install and operate a web management program.
- Maintain web pages.
- Renew annual contract.
- Communicate with Internet Service Provider.
Ivanhoe-Huntley Homeowners Association Info:
Carol W. (248) 851-5800
Traffic Issues: Sgt. Tim M. (734) 466-2324